Turn to a fresh page in your Commonplace book and answer the following questions (in order!);
- Male, female or other.
- Age & how old do they appear?
- Eye color & hair color
- Weight & Height
- Type of body
- Distinguishing marks & predominant features
- Favorite type of music (list bands and songs if you can) and/or Favorite type of literature (list titles or authors if applicable)
- Daredevil or cautious?
- Smokes? Drinks? Hobbies? If so what are they?
- Expletives & Expressions
- Education & Religion
- One word the character would use to describe themselves
- Most at ease when….
- Ill at ease when…
- Biggest accomplishment
- Biggest regret
- Biggest vulnerability
- Biggest flaw
- Biggest strength
- Drives and Motivation
- List at least two goals (either short or long term)
- Most important childhood event that still affects them and why?
- Most important person in their life before story starts.
- How does the character spend the week before the story starts?
- What is your character’s name? (List this at the top of the page)
If you want name generators or if you want an expanded worksheet for character creation, check out our Writing Resources page.